Sunday, June 10, 2012

Surprises

So, I started hormone therapy this past Friday; 1mg of Estradiol and 50mg of Spironolactone, twice a day.  The clinic told me to expect "to feel the changes within a week."  I felt like that was probably a bit optimistic, so I kind of went in speculative.  For those of your curious, they were right--every dose I've taken has been greeted with a bit of what I can only describe as growing pains in my chest.  One might think this would be really annoying...but I'm choosing to look at it as progress.  If I didn't feel that, it means it wouldn't be doing anything; as it stands, I can tell it is.

On just basic life stuff, work is training me to be a supervisor, which is neat in the sense of it pays better, but I can definitely see where it would be frustrating to do.  For my mind, I'll take the extra  hassle in order to make more money and (hopefully) finally get my own place.  Of course, I have to keep myself from spending the money I make frivolously...which I'm prone to do.

Sam


No comments:

Post a Comment